CANANDAIGUA – A total of 10 Thompson Health nurses were recognized Sept. 21 at the March of Dimes Foundation’s second annual Nurse of the Year Awards Gala, held at the Radisson Hotel in Rochester.
In addition to raising funds and awareness for the nonprofit organization, the awards showcase the achievements and excellence of the region’s nurses. Eight of Thompson’s nurses were acknowledged as finalists, and two more were nominated, in the following categories:
· Jane Hallstead, Education/Research/Nurse Author
· Jessica Falk, Emergency
· Lauren Baker, Geriatrics/Long Term Care/Rehab
· Amber Fulmer, Medical/Surgical
· Jenny Riordan, Medical/Surgical
· Whitney Barrett, Rising Star
· Alice Taylor, Rising Star
· Cristine Crawford, Women’s Health
· Vicki Erway (Nominated)
· Kathleen Palowitch (Nominated)
“It is an honor and a privilege to work with nurses who are so dedicated to excellence in patient care. Having them recognized by the March of Dimes Foundation is very gratifying,” said Thompson Health Vice President of Patient Care Services/CNO Hazel Robertshaw.