The Respiratory Therapy Department of F.F. Thompson Hospital invites the community to its 3rd annual Pulmonary Health Fair on Friday, Oct. 19, from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the Constellation Center for Health and Healing.
The fair will be held in the conference rooms, and in the atrium area of the Constellation Center at F.F. Thompson Hospital, 350 Parrish St. in Canandaigua. It will feature:
- Information on Thompson’s Pulmonary Disease Management Program, which can improve the quality of life of people suffering from asthma, COPD, pulmonary fibrosis, obstructive sleep apnea and restrictive lung disease
- A spirometry testing station, where visitors can take a breathing test to measure lung health
- Asthma education and free peak flow meters
- A medication teaching station, with free spacers and demonstrations
- Home care providers will be showcasing new equipment
In addition, there will be information about new medications, Thompson’s Better Breathers Support Group, nutrition for chronic lung disease, Alpha-1 Antitrypsin Deficiency, sleep disorders/sleep equipment and a display featuring the evolution of the Respiratory Therapy profession.
There is no charge to attend the fair. The Constellation Center is located in the back of the main hospital complex off of West Street. There is ample handicapped parking and the fair is just inside the main door.
For information, call (585) 396-6277.