Founded in 1904, UR Medicine Thompson Health is widely recognized as a provider of high-quality medical care. We are an award-winning, non-profit healthcare system that began as a small community hospital more than 100 years ago. Today we are the premier healthcare provider for more than 215,000 people in upstate New York’s greater Finger Lakes area. We have more than 550 practitioners, over 1,700 associates and nearly 300 community volunteers.
Thompson Health System includes:
- The 113-bed F.F. Thompson Hospital
- M.M. Ewing Continuing Care Center has 178 skilled nursing beds on five avenues: Lakeview, Pines, Gardens, Meadows and the Skilled Transitional Unit.
- Independent senior apartments and enriched living residences at Ferris Hills
- Primary care services at eleven Thompson medical practices throughout the Finger Lakes area
- Family health and wellness services, with educational programs and support groups to promote healthy lifestyles
- Cancer care at the Sands Cancer Center, part of UR Medicine’s Wilmot Cancer Institute
- A full range of rehabilitative services
- Two lab draw stations
- Three urgent care centers
- Affiliation with UR Medicine (University of Rochester Medical Center)