Active Release Techniques (ART) is a state-of-the-art soft tissue method that focuses on relieving tissue tension via the removal of fibrosis/adhesions which can develop in tissues as a result of overload due to repetitive use. Treats problems with muscles, tendons, ligaments, fascia and nerves.
Every ART session is a combination of examination and treatment. The ART provider will evaluate the texture, tightness and movement of muscles, fascia, tendons, ligaments, and nerves. Abnormal tissues are treated by combining precisely directed tension with very specific patient movements.
- Increased flexibility
- Increased range of motion
- Decreased lower back pain
- Management of shin splints
- Management of plantar fasciitis
- Improvement of sciatic symptoms
Who will benefit from ART?
- Individuals with acute or chronic conditions to muscles, tendons, ligaments and other soft tissues may benefit from ART. This may include: sports injuries, sprains, strains, overuse and overtraining injuries, and old injuries with built up scar tissues.
- By Appointment Only. No Referral Needed.
- First visit is a 60 minute evaluation/assessment
- Follow-up session(s) will be 45 minutes
- Typical improvement seen in 2-3 visits
- Initial Evaluation : $75.00
- Follow-Up Session: $45.00
UR Medicine Thompson Health
Victor Rehabilitation Services
7670 Omnitech Place, Victor, NY 14564
To schedule your appointment, please call: 585.602.0075