Thompson Health Family Practice Shortsville
Katherine S. Exter, FNP-C joined Thompson Health's Family Practice in Shortsville in December of 2013.
• A.S., Nursing (RN), Del Mar College, Corpus Christi, TX (1998)
• B.S., Nursing, Nazareth College, Pittsford, NY (2005)
• M.S., Family Nurse Practitioner, University of Rochester, Rochester, NY (2008)
• Family Nurse Practitioner, Family Practice, Dr. Breen’s Pediatric Clinic, Geneseo (1/2013-present)
• Family Nurse Practitioner, Hilton Health Care/Family Practice, Hilton (12/2008-12/2012)
• Registered Nurse, Visiting Nurse Service, Webster (2007-2008)
• Registered Nurse, Highland Hospital/Strong Health, Rochester (2005-2007)
• Registered Nurse, Highlands of Pittsford/Strong Health, Pittsford (2004-2005)
• Registered Nurse, Elementary School Nurse, Greece Central School District, Greece (2003-2004)
• Nurse, Assisted Living Facility Manager, Bridges of Mendon, Mendon (1999-2003)
• Registered Nurse, Genesee Hospital, Rochester (1995-1999)
• Special Care Nurse, Interim Health Care, Rochester (1994-1995)
• Clinical Director, Classen Home Health Associates, Ithaca 1992-1994
• Nurse Educator, Unit Manager, Driscoll Children’s Hospital, Corpus Christi, TX (1990-1992)
• Clinical Nurse, Humanna Hospital, Corpus Christi, TX (1989-1990)
• Nurse, Driscoll Children’s Hospital, Corpus Christi, TX (1983-1989)
Katherine is a Family Practice Board certified Nurse Practitioner through the American Academy of Nurse Practitioners and is a member of Sigma Theta Tau, an International Honor Society of Nursing.
Aside for her professional endeavors, Katherine enjoys vegetable and perennial gardening, jogging and hiking, cross country skiing and spending time with her new grandbaby!